Picture

Picture

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lots of Activities

Tangie's turn.


18-1/2 weeks

Kohlden Weight - 14 lbs 3 oz (45%)
Height – 24 1/8 (25%)
Head – 16 1/8 (15%)

Madelyn Weight – 12 lbs 14 oz (30%)
Height - 23 7/8 (30%)
Head – 16 1/8 (50%)

Kohlden snuck ahead in the height department to match his poundage advantage and it’s a big gain from the 5% in height at two months.

Lots of action this week.

Madelyn officially rolls over from her back to her front, going to her left side. Every time I lay her down, she ends up on her tummy.




As Lolo and Lala couldn’t make it up to Orlando this weekend, we decided to join them. On Friday, I spent all day doing laundry and making sure we had everything packed for a weekend trip – the first with all of us. It’s definitely a dry run for our coming trip to Cali. As soon as Allen got home from work, we loaded up the van, including Zoe and her crate and were about to load the kiddies to pick up Braelyn from school and head out when we noticed a flat tire on the minivan…..Again! Sure enough, it was another nail. (I swear I’m not going off roading or anything!) Discount Tire is obviously not open at 6:30p, so it was a big let down for all that rushing around all day to not be able to go anywhere. So much so, I broke down in tears as my emotions got the best of me after all that prep, hunger, and the babies crying a lot all day because I wasn’t providing enough attention to them. I went to pick up Brae and Allen put the spare on. When I got back, we decided to call Walmart to see if they were open – and they were until 8p. So, we made a run for it and packed up the entire crew, including dog, to go get it patched. We arrived in Avon Park a little after 10p. We were lucky to have Lolo and Lala take the babies during the night so we could sleep.
Saturday we went to church and then in the afternoon, the entire family came over for some of them to meet the twins for the first time. Allen's grandfather is so proud of having a great-grandson to carry on the family name! Here’s a shot of 4 generations of Isidro men.

Along with other shots of the fam.



Saturday night we took Allen's cousins Patrick and Lyka bowling while the twins stayed with the grandparents. All Brae can talk about is Ate ("Ate", pronounced Ah-tey, means "big sister" in Filipino) Lyka. Where is she?, when can I see her?, etc...

Sunday morning we loaded up early to head back to Orlando for Evan Bergherm’s 2nd Birthday Party. We had lots of fun in the heat! Maddy got to go in the water briefly while Kohlden fell asleep. Thanks to all who held one of them so we could have a free hand.


Then Brae got to help Daddy wash the car in the rain.

Monday morning Brae started wearing her uniform to school for the new school year. She's in Advanced Pre-School. She was so excited. Now, it’s harder to figure out who is who in the classroom. I hate to say it, but one day this week, I was sneaking in before she saw me and oops…I was headed to the wrong long brown haired girl! Luckily Brae came running over to me before I whispered in the other one’s ear. The teacher chuckled and did say the looked alike from the back, which made me feel a little better.

Monday and Wednesday I took Braelyn to her last swimming lessons of the summer. She really had a great time and learned a lot. Hopefully we can practice in the community pool. She has the crawl stroke down and a modified butterfly. It was exhausting hauling the twins with us though. I carried the car seats as one day I used the stroller and it was hard maneuvering through all the doors and back n forth into the bathroom 3 times.



Allen had to work late 3 nights this week, so I had to put the all the kiddies to bed. While I’m getting the twins their last feeding and changing them, Braelyn is coming up with stuff to play with and entertain all of us. She decided to play dress up one day and then another she was determined Maddy was going to play with her, so she put stickers all over a crying Maddy.
Another time Brae was wanting to help feed the babies because they were crying and we were running around getting everything ready for an outing. Before we know it, she has gotten the cap and nipple off the bottle and is starting to pour the milk into Kohlden's mouth. We stopped her before he choked, but we did have to change his outfit. She said she couldn't get the cap off...so I guess it's just as easy and appropriate to unscrew it. Oh well. We appreciate the willingness to help.

Thursday was the twins 4 month doctors visit. They have a clean bill of health. They were however a little fussy due to all the shots, poor things. We need to work on Kohlden’s head movement and keeping his head up so he doesn’t get a flat head in back. We got an Rx for Maddy for reflux. She arches her back a lot after eating, so this may help. We’ll see. We can start solids anytime we want (we may wait a little while before we do anything other than rice cereal. Too much work and mess!) .

Well, we are tired and exhausted. We wish you a pleasant weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment