Picture

Picture

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Days of a full time Mommy coming to an end...

19 1/2 weeks


Tangie's turn again as Allen always seems to be working late on Thursdays.
Kohlden - 14 lbs 12 oz
Madelyn - 13 lbs 4 oz
No, Kohlden hasn't decided to venture rolling over yet, but Madelyn can't seem to sit, I mean lay, still. Both Kohlden and Madelyn enjoy smiling a lot and playing in the activity center. They also are starting to take longer naps during the day vs the short little ones. They are both getting better at holding things with their hands. Just today Maddy purposely reached for my mouth to touch my lips. We experimented with feeding rice cereal this week. They were very confused at the process. Not sure if they actually swallowed anything. Maddy decided to take the spoon away from me.

Daddy liked to do this pose with Brae a lot. Here’s a picture of the twins along with Braelyn at the same age. Can you guess who is who?

This past weekend we were on our own as Lolo and Lala didn’t come up. Saturday we went to Sabbath school. Aubree Grodack decided she was infatuated with Kohlden and kept trying to kiss him with a vengeance until he started crying. Looks like we have a first girlfriend.

For Sabbath lunch we decided to venture out to Sweet Tomatoes on our own. The kids couldn’t have acted better. Just a few cries from the twins and only a couple potty trips for Brae.


After naps, we headed over to the Grodacks for tacos and talking. Brae and Calleigh enjoyed playing dress-up upstairs while Aubree tried to kiss Kohlden again and also hide some of their things (bottle cap, passy, etc. She was having fun too). The twins behaved for the most part even though they were out during their fussy time of day; but they definitely told us when they were ready to head out when they had their fill.



Sunday Allen had to work while I took the kids to Isaac (4) and Wyatt’s (2) birthday party with a water slide and blow up pool. It was a little hard making sure all the kiddos were doing ok. All the moms offered to help hold the twins which was so helpful. They got to stay in the screened in porch facing the fan for a while because it was nice and hot. They did pretty good. It helps to have activity around to keep them somewhat entertained. Easier than being at home! Brae was scared of the water slide at first, then eventually I convinced her to go down half way through the event. After once down, I couldn’t get her off of it. She didn’t want to leave. Loved it! and the snow cones too.




Monday Allen had the day off so we did some errands. It’s a bunch easier hauling them around having two of us that’s for sure. Wednesday Allen went to work late, so each of us took one of the babies and did errands in the morning. Boy, using the small stroller in the mall is such a change! It’s like I wasn’t pushing anything. Maddy and I ended up getting Kohl some digs for Uncle Mike’s wedding. No, not the ones in the picture below.


Brae loves it when I come in with the twins in the Maya wrap to pick her up from school. The workers say I need to get pea pod hats and take pictures. Maybe there will be some in all of the Halloween costumes around town. Problem is, the reason I have them both in the maya wrap is that there is no one around to help me hold one….hence no one to take pictures. We’ll see what we can do.


The other night, Braelyn and I were working on her big map puzzle which she loves. She shouts out when she puts in Florida saying that’s where she lives; Colorado with the mountains and skier declaring that’s where cousin Callen lives and that she wants to go see him; and then of course California where Uncle Mike and Genevieve are. I was prepping her for our upcoming plane ride where we will be stopping in Texas, changing planes then flying to California. She proceeded to tell me that we will be high up in the sky where Jesus is. I told her yes, but he is even higher and we won’t be able to see him. She said we can’t see him because we are inside. Ha! Gotta love the kid's point of view!


We’ll my maternity leave is coming to an end. I have mixed feelings. I have enjoyed my time off (except for the lack of sleep, at times uncontrollable crying babies, and lack of getting anything else done), but am ready to go back…for the most part. I give kudos to the stay at home moms. It’s hard work…and no time to even get housework done. I now know all the daytime TV shows as that was all I could really succeed in while taking care of the babies. I’m ready to go on the Price Is Right, have a Clean House, wish I could have a Devine Design, and can help any House Hunter. Hopefully we’ll figure out the whole back to work routine quickly and will both learn to be efficient in all ways so we can spend as much time with the kiddos as possible. Brae's excited the twins will be joining her at school.


Have a good holiday weekend!

1 comment:

  1. By the way, I found the cover to the bottle in the dishwasher when I went to unload it so obviously I put it in there and then forgot all about it. I'll bring it with us when next we see you...may not be tomorrow because Calleigh has pink eye.

    ReplyDelete