Picture

Picture

Friday, April 3, 2015

Shifty Neighbors!!

4 Years, 50 Weeks.


Yeah, I said it… Shifty.  Neighbors.

Whoa Nellie!

You would think that in this high end subdivision you'd have decent human beings living in it, right?

Well, we learned this week that not all people have the same business ethics that everyone should have.

Flashback to Monday evening, Tangie sends me a picture of a brand new tractor lawn mower that somebody in our neighborhood was trying to sell and had posted on the website NextDoor, stating that it was 2 months old and only used once, they had paid $1700 and willing to take $1000 for it.  It was a 22hp Husqvarna with a 46 inch mowing deck, so that was a really, really good deal.  So we asked if we could look at it, and she agreed to meet with us Tuesday evening at 7:30.




So Tuesday evening at 7:30, I swing by their home, the lawn mower parked on the driveway.  I ring the doorbell and a Filipino lady comes out.  "Are you Allen?"  she extends her hand as I say yes.  "So, are you Asian, what country are you from?" So I reply that I'm Filipino, and she gets excited saying that she is too, and proceeds to speak to me in Tagalog, while I smile and patiently explain to her that I don't speak the language fluently anymore.  Then she proceeds to tell me that she had just sold the lawn mower to somebody else.  I'm sorry, what?  That the people were inside making the payment to her husband.  But you said to meet you tonight at 7:30.  It's 7:30 right now!  But that she has a trimmer or a leaf blower for sale if I was interested.  Are you friggin' kidding me right now?!?

And to top it off, she asked if I had any kids.  I reply yes, three of them in fact.  "Oh, because I teach piano lessons and I would love to teach them how to play."  Of course you would.  And screw them over too, just like you did me with this lawn mower!  She was trying to change the subject, so that I would forget that she had sold the tractor to someone else a mere 5 minutes before I got there.

The nerve!

As she was offering me about the piano lessons, her husband came outside, along with the couple that had just purchased it.  There was an awkward moment between the 5 of us, as I once again stated that she had told me to come at 7:30 to see the tractor.  The couple gave me a sympathetic yet smug glance.  I know it's not your fault, but I hope it breaks down or something, if not just to make me feel better.  If the lady had said it was on a first come-first served basis, then we would have made adjustments to meet earlier, but that was never mentioned, neither on the ad or verbally.  Seriously lady, a heads up would've been nice.  I shook my head in disgust, walking back to the van.  The exciting thought of me never having to use a push mower again vanishing in less than 24 hours.

It was a very frustrating situation.  Tangie texted her back and privately admonished her for her shady dealings.  She texted back:  "I'm sorry.  Are you Filipino too?  How can we keep in touch?"

Nah, I don't think we will.



Here was our week:


Finishing up Brae's desk.

Twins making paper airplanes at the Science Center.

Friday night fondue!  Celebrating Mommy's return back from Dallas.

At Disney's Boardwalk Resort.  We need to get one of these 5 seat chairs!

Hoping this will be their next cruise!

Enjoying ice cream cones in France!

The crowd at Hollywood Studios' fireworks show, Fantasmic!

Upon arrival home.  

Attended the Z's birthday party at Westmonte Park, a gorgeous day for a game of kickball!

A mighty kick!

Mommy and Maddy at the soccer field.

There were a lot of kids there!

Helping Daddy clean and wash the van.

Going through the Easter decorations.

Pasta night!

Twins back to school from Spring Break.

Kohl doing what he does best…making a mess.

Helping Daddy with getting the garden back up to speed.

Speaking of speed, Maddy graduates to Braelyn's old 16 inch bike!

Getting photo bombed by Madelyn!




Picking up some fresh eggs from the farm.

Catching up with Lala, Grandma Fernandez, and more relatives in the Philippines.

The twins helping out with some cleaning.

Mommy and Maddy catch some rays.

Goofy girl.

Looking for some kids shorts at Old Navy.

Princess Anna ready to hit up the Magic Kingdom.

Sharing a nice frosty apple treat!

Some crazy pirates!

Braelyn made it on the big screen at the Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor!

Upon arrival home.


Randoms:

Three amigos!  

The kids were delighted when the guy at the car wash drew this face on the windshield.

And who wouldn't want to have a combination of pancakes and sausage on a stick?

Awful time of the year, with the bugs.

Comparison of H's by Madelyn (top) and Kohlden (bottom).

Category 5 Typhoon heading to the Philippines.  Be careful Lolo and Lala!!

The teddy bear from Toy Story 3, in real life.


Quotes:


  • On our way to the Z's birthday party, we were discussing words that are spelled different but phonetically sound the same:
          Mommy:  "Braelyn, what are those called?"
          Brae:  "They're called homophones."
          Me:  "Okay Braelyn, then what's an onomatopoeia?"
          Brae:  [a little exasperated]  "I don't know!  I'm only in 2nd grade people!
                     I don't know EVERYTHINGTHAT happens in 4th grade!"  


  • Driving to go pick Braelyn up from school, I voice messaged Tangie a text on how I had just missed out on a deal on Craigslist for a boys' bike for Kohlden; it sold the morning I had emailed the owner:
           Me:  [to phone]  "I seem to be running late this whole week!"
           Maddy:  "Why did you say you're running, when you're driving?"

           Good point!

  • Winding our day at the Magic Kingdom, I was telling the children we had one more Fast Pass and then we were going to go home.  
           Maddy:  "But I want to do the little town."
           Me:  "You mean, 'It's A Small World?'"
           Maddy:  "Oh…yeah.  It's A Small World."

           Same difference.




Have a great weekend!!


1 comment:

  1. Have you ever toilet papered someone's house??? You would have to sneak out and do it at night though.... Maybe it wouldn't make you feel any better? Missing you all but not all those nasty bugs this time of year!

    ReplyDelete