4 Years, 52 Weeks, or…
5 YEARS!!!
You say pah-tay-toh. I say poh-tah-toh.
You say tah-may-toh. I say toh-mah-toh.
You say pink eye. I say….pink eye. Oye.
Madelyn had a small case of conjunctivitis of this week, although the Dr. didn't believe it was the bacterial kind, but more of the viral one.
I don't know which one is worse? Anyway, I had noticed a little redness in her right eye this past Sunday night, but brushed it off as some irritation from having her face painted at Winter Garden's Spring festival earlier that day.
Maybe some glitter got in her eye? It was still a bit red when I dropped the twins off at school on Monday; I received a phone call 20 minutes later from the school asking me to pick her up. They suspected pink eye, and schools tend to avoid pink eye like the plague, which is understandable. So I went back to pick her up, all the while on hold with the Pediatrics office to schedule an appointment so we could get her fixed up; the next available time slot open was 2:10 PM.
Well, that won't work since Brae gets off school at 3. Okay, do you have anything later? 3:50? I guess it is what it is.
 |
| A posed shot at the Dr.'s office! |
He prescribed drops as a precaution, which was great, because the following day her left eye showed some pinkness, while her right eye looked normal. I didn't want to take any chances and have both eyes worsen so we started the drops treatment, and now we're back to normal. I just hope (and pray) that the other two don't get anything. They haven't shown any symptoms (knock on wood) and I'm trying to keep them from getting too close with Madelyn, and making sure we are always washing our hands and not touching our faces. So cross our fingers!
 |
| All smiles waiting for Dr. Britton. Um, I need you to look like you're in pain Missy! |
 |
| Kohlden wanted to get a check up as well! |
I also wanted to point out that this is my 257th blog post, essentially, 1 post for every week over the past 5 years. This week marks the 5 year anniversary of starting this blog, when the twins were born. I can't believe it's been 5 years already.
5 long years. It's been a lot of fun documenting everything, but you know what they say, all good things must come to an end.
At least we're going out on top!
Here was our week:
 |
| Ended up doing 3 rides last week. Great to be back on the saddle. |
 |
| Doing a forward flip with the trampoline. |
 |
| Checking out the girls. |
 |
| Skyping with Nana to wish her a happy birthday!! |
 |
| At church with her friend Marley, doing crafts. |
 |
| We took one of the Reiner twins to sit with us during the service. |
 |
| Met up with our friends the Biri's at Animal Kingdom. Here are the little kids. |
 |
| And the big kids! |
 |
| Great shot of the twins viewing the hippo enclosure. |
 |
| The otter exhibit, that fish was the size of Madelyn! |
 |
| Went to the Winter Garden Spring Fever Festival, always a great time. |
 |
| Braelyn inspecting the damage from the rainstorm the night before. |
 |
| I guess the winds were pretty strong. |
 |
| Enjoying digging for gems and fossils, |
 |
| riding dinosaurs, |
 |
| collecting lady bugs, |
 |
| shooting with hockey sticks, |
 |
| making peanut butter bird feeders, |
 |
| getting balloon hats, |
 |
| getting their faces painted, |
 |
| and doing hula hoops. Whew! |
 |
| We made our own ice cream at home. |
 |
They loved pouring the ingredients and mixing them together, while listening to the
Masters coverage on the TV! |
 |
| Add some sprinkles, perfection! |
 |
| Eat it quick, it's melting fast! |
 |
| Or…you'll have cold soup! |
 |
| Hanging out with Daddy while the other two go to school. |
 |
| Starting to get our regular afternoon thunderstorms! |
 |
| Showing off their bloody mouths, aka fresh garden beets for dinner! |
 |
| Evening game of kickball before bedtime, hence the pajamas! |
 |
Took Gaby to school with us Wednesday morning. I kept Maddy home for an
extra day as precaution. |
 |
| She wanted to go on a Daddy/daughter date bike ride. |
 |
| Riding on big sister's (now hers) old 16" wheel bike! |
 |
| Went to the dock and saw 4 alligators, this one a good 5 feet long. |
 |
| Wanted to make pizza for lunch. |
 |
| Cool enough in the evening to have supper alfresco. |
 |
Visiting the Science Center to burn an hour while we wait
for big sister to finish gymnastics practice. |
 |
| Our real Dora and our monkey. |
 |
| She had a great day at school, can't you tell? |
Food:
 |
| Put all the ingredients together and you get |
 |
| Wild salmon with garden greens! |
Randoms:
 |
Another incident in our neighborhood last Friday, this time an entire
street corner blocked on both sides with police cruisers. |
 |
| Random person sleeping at the Animal Kingdom! |
 |
Saw this very peculiar cloud formation as we were heading back to our subdivision one evening…
Terrible, I know. |
 |
| Kohl as the Wolverine! |
 |
| Maddy as the Ice Queen Elsa! |
 |
Loving our Confederate Jasmine as it flowers and gives off
a very fragrant smell this time of the year. |
 |
I found this selfie of Madelyn on my phone. Not that there's anything peculiar about it, but then
I noticed where she took the photo of herself: Sitting on the toilet in our guest bathroom!
Seriously girl? |
 |
| So…I guess it was match your kids to school day? At least he had a cute backpack. |
 |
| Jewish and proud of it. |
Quotes:
- Tangie was playing some board games with the kids:
Tangie: [to Kohl] "Hey buddy, you don't have any tokens."
Kohl: "Mommy, I don't have any tokens because it was my turn last time."
Tangie: "Oh yes Kohlden, I forgot. That's a good observation."
Kohl: "Actually Mommy, that's a hypothesis."
Um….what 4 year old says hypothesis?!
- On Sunday we had changed plans from going to the Magic Kingdom, because of the forecasted rain. We were heading to Publix to get groceries:
Me: [to Kohl] "We'll rent a movie instead."
Kohl: "There are no movies at Publix."
Me: "Yes there is. Up in the front, at the Red Box."
Kohl: "What bread box? There's a movie about bread?"
- I spotted a buzzard feeding on a dead possum on one of the streets in our subdivision. I turned around so I could point it out to the twins:
Kohl: "Why are we going there?"
Me: "I want you to see the buzzard."
Maddy: "Why?"
Me: "Because he's eating…"
Maddy: "A granola bar?"
Kohl: "Madelyn, who are you going to marry when you grow up?"
Maddy: [thinking] "Hmmm…."
Kohl: "It has to be a boy."
Maddy: "Oh man!"
Maddy: "Daddy, when I grow up, are you going to be old?"
Me: "A little bit older…"
Maddy: "Like Papa?"
Me: "Yeah, maybe like Papa."
Maddy: [pause] "Are you going to have a mustache?"
Hmmm…
- Madelyn was pointing to a picture of Tangie and I in Santorini that we have in our guest bathroom:
Maddy: "Daddy, where is this?"
Me: "That's in Greece, where Mommy and Daddy went on our
honeymoon."
Maddy: "Did I come with you?"
Me: "No, you weren't born yet. You weren't even in our thoughts yet."
Maddy: "So…I was hiding in Mommy's tummy?"
Uh…sort of….?
 |
| Glad she decided to come out of hiding! We love you Maddy! |
Have a great week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment