We are so fortunate to have some amazing women in our family. Strong and capable, they have been incredible mothers to their children and families.
We owe them so much.
This past weekend we celebrated Mother's Day with a vigor. It was a non-stop, action packed, events-filled couple of days for Mommy…and for me, as I played coordinator/chef/chauffeur for the family the entire time. Wait a second, don't I do that all the time anyways? Tangie had opted to have individual dates with each kid separately on Sunday, so we made sure that they did something fun with Mommy that they would enjoy. It was a lot of fun for them as they shared one on one time with Mommy; Kohl wasn't ready for his date to end! It was definitely a Mother's Day to remember!
Here was our week:
Braelyn at gymnastics, creating murals for their performance next week.
Braelyn takes care of Cheddar and the cage, so as to not have to worry about it during the weekend.
Mommy helping Kohlden learn words as he and Maddy are starting to read.
We went to the dock after supper to check out the sunset,
and to have dessert!
On Sabbath we met up with several families from the church at the beach.
The kids had a great time digging in the sand,
until a bucket fell on Maddy's foot!
Braelyn enjoyed catching some waves.
Kohl shows he can as well!
Later that evening Tangie joined several other moms for a ladies night out.
Meanwhile I took the kids to Duncan's so that we they could hang out.
Kohl's eyes were shot. Saltwater, sun, and wind burn.
Bright and early Sunday morning, the girls helping me with breakfast for Mommy.
Braelyn buttering up fresh baked croissants.
Kohl icing up fresh make cinnamon rolls.
Ready to wake Mommy up!
Breakfast in bed!
Date #1: Maddy wanted to do her nails with Mommy.
Date #2: Brae and Mommy took a 5 mile ride together from the house to
downtown Winter Garden via the trail.
Date #3: Kohl and Mommy walk around the shops at Winter Garden
and enjoy doughnuts and frozen yogurt.
The girls and I at the park while we wait for date #3 to conclude.
Family outing, we saw the movie Cinderella.
Kohl chilling on a bench, while the girls shop.
We had supper at the Noodle Company on Sand Lake.
The Grodack's trip there last week inspired me to take the family there.
Thanks Corey!
Went to pick some fresh eggs from the farm. These two are so dramatic!
Picking up some construction supplies at Home Depot.
Kohl taking a photo of me on Mommy's new iPhone 6!
We decided to have Belgian waffles for supper one evening.
Somebody's happy!
Met up with Mike for supper, as is tradition when he is in town for a job.
Mid-week treat to Scoops!
Uncle Mike dropped in for supper on Thursday to see the kids.
They enjoyed hanging out with him afterwards, throwing the football around,
and reading to him before bedtime. Great to see you Uncle Mike!
Injuries:
Nana in the ER at Porter Hospital. What they thought was appendicitis turned
out to be a flipped bowel, so she had to have surgery that evening. Speedy recovery Nana!
Not to be outdone by his mother, Uncle Tadd was slicing an avocado and ended up
slicing his left index finger as well, severing nerves and the tendon. He is to have surgery
on it tomorrow, and expected to be out 4-8 weeks. Good luck Uncle Tadd!
It comes in threes! Kohl and Maddy butting heads again, literally.
He had a nice big knot over his eye for a couple of hours.
Food:
Medley of smoked salmon, heirloom pear tomatoes, and heart of palm.
Drying some apples and mangoes. Lolo would be proud!
Randoms:
Braelyn made a menu of items to be made for Mommy's Mother's Day breakfast.
We drove by the Orlando Eye so the kids could see the largest ferris wheel on the East Coast.
A former colleague of mine took a picture of this guy, who was having brunch in
Winter Park on Mother's Day. You might recognize him...
So Brady and the Patriots have been disciplined by the NFL for their
role in Deflategate: 4 game suspension, lost draft picks and a $1M fine!
But that didn't stop them from signing this new quarterback…lol
Quotes:
Braelyn was sharing about a birthday party her class had at school for a friend:
Brae: "We had cupcakes!"
Me: "Oh really? What kind were they?"
Brae: "Red velvet and vanilla."
Me: "Oh man, I am so jealous! I love red velvet."
Brae: "I know. I got one for you."
Me: "You did?! Where is it?"
Brae: "No. I ate one for you."
Nice. Thanks a lot!
Apparently Maddy had some of Mommy's coffee on Mother's Day. She came downstairs to me in the kitchen:
Maddy: "Daddy, I had a taste of Mommy's coffee and I like it, so can I have
my own?"
Me: "Oh Maddy. That drink has caffeine in it."
Maddy: "I like caffeine!"
Oye.
We were at the restaurant for dinner on Mother's Day, going around and saying what we were thankful for with Mommy:
Maddy: "I am thankful that Mommy can work, because I love money!"
No comments:
Post a Comment