3 Years, 50 Weeks.
This week Mother Nature decided to skip Spring altogether and just bring in Summer; it's been exceptionally warm for this time of the year. The average temperature all week has been in the mid to high 80's, and with the humidity too. I'm sure the folks up north are wishing for our weather right now, but when you know that this is only the beginning of a loooong, hot summer...well, you know what I mean. I guess I'll just save my venting until September, when I'll be done with the scorching heat and wish for Fall temperatures...which would be high 70's here. Ah well.
Here was our week:
 |
| Buddy keeping cool while waiting for big sister to finish gymnastics. |
 |
Lolo and Lala swung by after dropping Auntie Mari and her family at the airport,
and to pick up their other car from our house. I took them for a quick stop to our local farm,
where Lolo proceeded to stock up with venison for the winter. |
 |
| We had a chance to feed the chickens. The smell didn't agree with Madelyn. |
 |
Friday evening we were invited to supper at the Jamersons, with Susie's parents hosting
and cooking an amazing Middle Eastern meal. |
 |
The grape leaves were beyond divine.
Each bite reminded me of home...and I've never even been to the Middle East! |
 |
| The adults chatting afterwards. |
 |
| Kohlden enjoying himself surrounded by all the women. |
 |
| Sabbath morning before church, we swung by the farm to get some fresh eggs laid that morning. |
 |
Several families up front in church for baby dedications,
including the Johnson and Jamerson families. |
 |
| Some little kid stepped on Maddy's fingers during story time. That did not bode well with her. |
 |
We were invited to supper at the Z's Saturday evening, with the usual suspects.
It was great to get the gang together again! |
 |
| The twins share a table with Brady. |
 |
All the adults at one table with ne'er a kid around, and yet it seemed we still couldn't eat in peace
without having to get up intermittently to help a needy child! |
 |
| They opened up their pool after supper. |
 |
| Sunday morning was a bit puzzling... |
 |
| Keeping them busy with arts and crafts. |
 |
| A frozen yogurt treat while on an outing with Mommy. |
 |
| Brae's new Western look! |
 |
| Mommy reads at bedtime. |
 |
| Praying before lunchtime. |
 |
| Singing Frozen songs in the minivan. Kohl is a very passionate performer! |
 |
| Monday's soccer practice. She's getting so good! |
 |
| Tuesday she came home with pulled tooth #3! |
 |
| Hamming it up at home. |
 |
| Buddy getting a haircut on Wednesday. |
 |
| His before and after. Looks like he lost some weight too! |
 |
| Action shot on Wednesday's soccer practice. |
 |
| I don't know why she's wearing her goggles while looking into the fridge... |
 |
| Wednesday was pretty hot, and they thought it would be a good idea to hit the pool... |
 |
| until they got in! The water was still freezing!! |
 |
Our accident prone girl. Kohl stepped backwards and knocked her in the face,
causing a bloody lip and nose. |
 |
| Kohl getting his early morning exercise. |
 |
| Our ballerina for the day. |
 |
| Making some lemonade together. |
 |
| Still can't get him to stop stuffing his face with food. Seriously dude? |
 |
| All smiles trying samples at Costco. |
 |
| I asked Brae to finish her homework. Apparently I didn't specify where to do it... |
 |
Brae and Daddy's her finished science project! |
 |
| Practicing her presentation with the twins. |
 |
| At least the evenings are cool enough for bike rides in the driveway! |
Food:
 |
| Venison Tenderloin with Mushroom Ravioli. |
 |
| Strawberry Blush Salad with Crumbled Bleu, Pistachio, and Bee Pollen. |
Randoms:
 |
| On our way home Sabbath after church! Pretty intense storms! |
 |
| Looks like I need to mow soon. The lawn is starting to swallow up the kids! |
 |
| Brae's science experiment: growing her own sugar crystals! |
Quotes:
- While driving with the twins I pointed out some letters in the sky made by airplanes:
Maddy: "I think the birds made it."
Kohl: "I think Jesus made it!"
- I had to go upstairs to scan a document for work while the twins were eating their breakfast. Madelyn wanted some yogurt:
Me: "Ok, but first I need to go upstairs and make a scan. I'll give you
your yogurt when I get back."
Maddy: "Why?"
Me: "So you can have enough time to finish your cereal."
Maddy: "Why do you always have to make scams?"
I promise, it's not a scam!
Have a great weekend!
All you ever do is go to someone's house and eat and never send any of that super food our way! Are you really going to keep cutting Kolden's hair that short? He is such a handsome young man (to quote a young man named Kohlden) when he has long hair! Did Maddy have any real damage to her mouth? Is Brae really loosing teeth or is someone pulling them when she is sleeping? Papa
ReplyDeleteNice going guys! Pretty soon you'll be in the pool everyday and swimming well too. That little farm close to your house is really nice. Dad cooked the venison with mushroom and crisp asparagus and yum! Forgot to take a picture. Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteBrae is doing so good with her soccer! Also Kohl looks very cool with his new haircut and the little princess is as beautiful as ever! I see Brae's other tooth on the right getting loose too. Man, I could hardly keep up with my growing grandchildren! There's something new every week! Lala
ReplyDeleteJust a question; do brown eggs come from brown chickens? And do white eggs come from white chickens? Ask the kids for me, OK? Love, Nana
ReplyDelete