Kohlden 28.2 lbs
Madelyn 27.0 lbs
This past weekend was a major milestone in my sister-in-law's career, as well as for the Seventh Day Adventist Church.
After what seemed like a very long time, the Church's North American Division, specifically the Pacific Union Conference, ratified the decision to allow women to become ordained ministers. It's amazing this took so long to happen, what with the history of the Church beginning with the visions from, of all people, a young woman.
Her ordination ceremony happened Saturday evening, and we are so pleased Genevieve was allowed this opportunity in continuing her work in the Ministry, and helping to bring more young people to Christ.
Congratulations, Sis!
![]() |
| Younger brother Mike and his beautiful family at Gen's ordination service. Gotta love Preston's smile! |
This week's highlights:
- Sabbath we attended the Adventurer's campout at Pine Lake Retreat with the youth group from church. We had opted not to camp overnight [a.k.a. sleep in a double wide] as the previous year, thus saving us $75. We arrived there early Sabbath morning and stayed just after lunch, when it started to pour. It was such a blustery hot day, one of those when you sweat by just being outside. Since we all had gone there and left together, we had the Grodacks and Bergherms over for a hot dog roast later that evening, since we all missed out on the bonfire back at the retreat.
| Mommy watches the twins over breakfast at Pine Lake. |
| The honor was on the five senses, here working on the sense of smell. |
| Brae helped illustrate the importance of the sense of sight. |
| Learning about the sense of touch with Pastor Barb. |
![]() |
| It was so hot they all ended up watching Veggie Tales in our minivan. |
![]() |
| Kohl hanging out with the girls. |
| Enjoying a beautiful and surprisingly cooler evening with friends. |
- On Sunday morning we attended the Whitaker triplets' 1st birthday party in Heathrow. Can't believe it's been a year since their arrival; it was definitely a very busy year for their family! I give all the kudos to Ashley and David, knowing how difficult it is to have multiples along with older siblings. Congrats to them! Afterwards I mowed the lawn while the children napped and Tangie worked. A very quiet evening.
| We swung by a HomeGoods store to look at some wall decor. Here Brae takes a photo with an antique camera prop. |
| A lot of people, Ashley knows how to throw a birthday party! |
| Stuffing their faces with food. |
| The paparazzi! |
| Some time to play at the adjacent park. |
| Watching Will, Molley, and Price each having their own smash cakes! |
![]() |
| The girls have fun with the props. |
| Kohl doing what he does best: eating. |
- Tangie and her team has started a mini busy season this week so we've had late nights all week. I've kept my own team in line, keeping them busy and occupied. We've met up with Corey and her clan several times this week; we swapped childcare duties on Wednesday when I took Brae and Calleigh to Adventurer's and she took the twins during that time.
| Hitting the Science Center last Friday. |
| We met with friends Corey and Jenny Davis with their kids at Magnolia Park. |
| Kohl and Aubs loved the tire swing. |
| These fashion divas may start up their own clique! |
| Checking out the gang of peacocks on the premises. |
| We hit story time at the library on Wednesday. |
| A quick trip to another park afterwards. |
| Papa sent us a couple of magnetic calendars with his picture on it. The twins recognized him right away! |
| A tired Maddy at Costco. |
Injuries:
| An almost daily occurrence at school. Good thing I'm plenty stocked on band-aids! |
| Definitely twins: boo-boos and band-aids on the exact same spot! |
Randoms:
| The twins saw this blue paw print decal on this car and exclaimed, "Look! A clue!" [from the kid show Blue's Clues] |
| Separation of the classes: I saw the white Hyundai with an Obama 2012 bumper sticker on it, and immediately behind it was this Lexus with a Romney 2012 bumper sticker! |
| Can't take credit for this pic: Corey saw this and had Duncan send me the photo. What a great name for such a patriotic product! |
Foods prepared:
| We had ravioli and bean spiders for dinner one night. |
| Pizza and asparagus giraffes as well! |
Quotes:
- Tangie was trying to wake Braelyn up earlier this week; she was still lying on her bed while Mommy was talking to her to get Brae's brain moving to wake her up. Just then Braelyn blurted out that she wanted to be a doctor when she grew up:
Mommy: "Oh? But I thought you wanted to be a teacher or a swimmer?"
Brae: "Yes I do. I will be a doctor on Mondays, a teacher on Tuesdays, a
lifeguard on Wednesdays, a singer on Thursdays, and a mommy on
Fridays."
Mommy: "Oh wow. How about an accountant like Mommy?"
Brae: "No, that's too much work."
Mommy: "It's going to be hard to be a mommy just on Fridays. Can I try that?
You can get dressed on your own. I guess I'll just help you on
Fridays."
Brae: "No!!!"
- We were driving home after picking Brae up from school, when she asked me this random question:
Brae: "Daddy, what did the twins have for breakfast today?"
Me: "Waffles. The French toast kind."
Brae: "And?"
Me: "Yogurt."
Brae: "And what else?"
Me: "Coffee."
Brae: [Incredulous] "For real?!"
Me: "No, of course not!"
- With the Election coming up in a month, we're really starting to get hammered with a lot of calls from the Republican Party campaigners calling for support. This last one had a Jacksonville area code:
Caller: "Hello? May I speak with Mr. Isidro?"
Me: "Speaking."
Caller: "Hi, this is so and so with the something group for Mitt Romney."
Me: "Yes?"
Caller: "I'm calling to see if Mitt Romney can count on your support in
November?"
Me: "First, can I ask you a question?"
Caller: "Uh, sure."
Me: "Can Mitt Romney count on your support in November?"
Caller: "Of course!"
Me: "Then what are we arguing about?"
Caller: "Um..."
Man I love messing with those guys!
- Apparently Braelyn really knows how to work her little sister:
Brae: "Maddy, do you want to be my friend?
Maddy: "No."
Brae: "Maddy, do you want to be my friend? Yes or no."
Maddy: "No."
Brae: "Maddy, do you want to be my friend? No or yes."
Maddy: "Yes."
So...that's how she does it...
| Keep your friends close! |
Have a great week!




I'll be a Nana on just Tuesdays and Fridays, that sounds great!
ReplyDeleteThe quotes at the end of your post are hilarious!! I've been laughing out loud reading through them. I love it!
ReplyDeleteAs always, the quotes are funny and thoughtful! The pictures are great including Preston's. I like Kohl's short bangs, now I can see his eyebrows while he's stuffing food in his mouth! And that's a good idea, Nana! Tuesdays and Fridays! Good job, guys!
ReplyDelete