Week 46.5
This is a short post as I am having to go back a couple of weeks to rehash what I can remember.
We enjoyed a beautiful spring picnic lunch after church last Sabbath with the Grodacks and Bergherms (minus Bruce). Originally I had planned on my parents to join us, so in prepping the menu we all made enough food for 8 adults and 5 kids. Well, Lala called Thursday night to let us know she wasn't feeling well and that Lolo would come up on Sunday (he had some appointments with clients) to pick Zoe up, as we were leaving for Denver the following Thursday. Did you catch all that?
So, instead of 8 hungry adults, we ended up with only 5 (Bruce had to work) and knowing Jennifer (she went all out) we had a plethera of food for the picnic. I made a strawberry mandarin salad with balsamic vigniarette and cheese tortellini pasta topped with my famous tomato cream sauce, Corey made her world famous Brownie Delight and brought some water melon, and Jenn brought a veggie tray w/ dip, a broccoli dish, some veggie puff pastry, and this amazing banana cake. Needless to say, we stuffed ourselves silly and then some. The weather was perfect under the shade and we even brought a pack n play for the twins to stay in, thank goodness, as I can only imagine all the leaves and acorns they would have tried putting into their mouths had they been able to roam about freely.
Braelyn enjoyed playing with Calleigh, Blake, and Evan around the playground area and even climbed this big ol' tire that had somehow been placed in the ground! They did a lot of swinging, sliding, and running, which was good, as I wanted to make sure Braelyn got her energy out in time for her nap.
 |
| let us out! |
 |
| beauty in motion |
 |
| the hole was big enough that Duncan could fit in...that's what.... |
 |
| Jenn's a pro when it comes to holding baby boys! |
After our afternoon nap we got a phone call from my mother. So it seemed she was feeling better after all, and that she and Dad were going to come up together to spend Saturday night with us. So basically, they missed the grandkids too much to wait until Sunday! So, I prepped the grill and made this amazing almond crusted salmon for dinner, along with the leftovers from the picnic a few hours prior. Again, we were stuffed. The twins decided to help clean up and load the dishwasher. We topped the evening off watching "Kung Fu Panda" and popcorn.
 |
| Daddy and Maddy. "Hey, that rhymes!" Right, good job Braelyn! |
 |
| Kohlden tries to squeeze through. You can do it bud! |
On Sunday I went to work so Tangie was with the children after my parents had gone back home. She took them out in the afternoon to a local park down the street to release some energy and just enjoy the fantastic weather. They bumped into Grace (last name?), Braelyn's classmate at Starchild, and her mother. So, of course, they had a lot of fun just playing and running about, just like at school. The moms chatted while the twins enjoyed swinging, until Braelyn got too close to Kohlden and received a nice bump to the head, note her rosy red right cheek in the 2nd picture below.
 |
| I said smile, not cheese! |
So I worked for the next four days before taking a 12 day vacation from work. Nice! My last time off was in October for Mike's wedding in California, and even then that wasn't a vacation! We left for Denver Thursday evening to celebrate Tangie's Grandmother's (Deeda) 80th birthday with her, and that is where I will end this post, to be continued in Denver!
No comments:
Post a Comment