Picture

Picture

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mr. Mom/Daddy Duties (or Doodies)

8-1/2 wks
Kohlden - 10lbs 12 oz
Madelyn - 10 lbs 3 oz
Looks like we are too tired to post on Thursday nights, so its Tangie's turn again on Friday morning.
I started coming down with a sore throat last Friday and it took a turn for the worse on Saturday. Its amazing I lasted 8+ weeks of getting 2 hrs sleep at a time, max 6 hrs a night without getting sick before now. We all stayed home from church on saturday and Allen made me breakfast in bed (on a silver platter with a flower in a vase..how nice!). Lolo and Lala kept the babies occupied all day while I tried to sleep most the day. They then were gracious enough to take the babies ALL NIGHT in their room. I crossed their paths at 5:30a when I was delivering pumped milk to the fridge and they looked a little worn down. Thanks for taking them on! They left Sunday morning before I could give them my thanks. I don't think I've gotten worse during the week, but still the cold is lingering. Not enough sleep to be had at this point in time to nip it.
Allen and I have tried all week to put the twins to bed right when we are putting Braelyn down too - around 8:30p. That way we have a few hours of quiet and I can try to get to bed much earlier. Seems to be working better. He'd end up doing a bottle feeding around 11:30p while I was already asleep, then I got the night shift. This has given me an hour or two more of uninterrupted sleep a night.Sunday Braelyn got to do a painting project which she thoroughly enjoyed.
Also, they got to give Zoe a much needed bubble bath!
There was one point this week where she told us she had to go potty and ventured into our bathroom. Next thing we know is she's reaching for a magazine and said she needed to read something. Wonder where she got that from? :)
Kohlden was in the swing and all of the sudden started cooing/smiling at the hippo. I tried to capture the smile, but didn't get it entirely.

Allen was off Monday and helped me. I had Tuesday and Wednesday all to my self. Boy was I glad when Allen came home. Those were some long days...especially fighting this cold. Tuesday they cried basically all day long - one, the other one, or both. Wednesday, they were perfect. They slept in together, they cried really only when they needed something. We made an afternoon car ride to Steak n Shake drive through for happy hour for shakes/sodas. They enjoyed that too.

Thursday, Allen was off so I could go to an education seminar ALL DAY. It was my first day back to work. It was a little hard getting up to get there by 8a when I really didn't have much sleep the night before. I didn't fall asleep during the seminar though! That was a feat. It was good to see my coworkers...but I'm not quite ready to go back to work yet. I don't think my brain can function all there yet with the sleep factor setting in. I got to take Braelyn to school - which it was crazy hair day, so she got all curled up!

Allen had daddy duty all day for the first time ALONE. I was getting text updates as to their status as I was a little worried. I told them he shouldn't try to plan anything else to get done except to take care of the kids. 8am...Kohlden had a 4 alarm blow out. Maddy still sleeping. 12:59pm...driving around town Winter Garden has the best brick roads. Nice and bumpy. 1:50pm...We are all doing great!

After that, I think they cried the rest of the afternoon and evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment