Picture

Picture

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Accolades to Lala

Tangie's turn again.

7-1/2 weeks
Kohlden - 10lbs-8oz
Madelyn - 9lbs-12oz

Communicating - Monday Kohlden decided to focus long enough to communicate. He has officially responded by cooing and smiling. It was great! Still trying to get Maddy there. She loves the ceiling fan, and just today Lala got a smile out of her, but the rest of us haven't seen it yet. Kohlden wants to always be held and he's content. He now has the nick names of cuddler and little chunker. Maddy on the other hand will just cry if she's put down or being held. Doesn't seem to be content for long - except when she locks eyes with a ceiling fan. Still seeing distant things better than close up objects. Her current nick name is drama queen.

Sleeping - Had good and bad nights this week. Maddy usually sleeps for longer periods of time (aka 4 hrs) and Kohlden is waking up more like 2-1/2 to 3 hrs (hence the reason he's gaining more weight). But last night we had the last feeding at 11p-12a then 4-5a and then again at 7a. One of the best nights. Its great when one decides to wake up just at the same time I'm putting the other one back down. When they both want food at the same time it makes for a long night - waking up Allen too.


This week Lola (or Lala as Braelyn calls her - much easier) decided to spend her vacation from work with us while Allen went back to work and Lolo went back home on Saturday night. What a blessing!! When I couldn't get one to stop crying, she would swoop right in and rock and cradle. And in the mornings, when one was done with feeding, she'd take him/her downstairs, then the other so I could get a couple more hours of sleep. I was given breakfast in bed and had fresh ice water. Awesome! It was like I was her patient at the hospital. One day I didn't wake up until noon when I heard some crying and I went downstairs and their bottles were being prepared. It was more like my vacation than hers (well...if you can call this a vacation - hardly. Let's just say it made it more like having 1 baby instead of 2). Although she did get to bring the first smile out of Kohlden and then Madelyn by having some "chats" with them and teaching them some songs. So...hopefully she enjoyed her visit too. Thanks Lolo for lending her to us for the week. In fact, thanks for all of the family help in the past 8 weeks! Nana, Deeda, Uncle Mike, Lolo, Auntie Esther....I don't think we'd be still sane without you all!



Saturday night I thought we were having the Z's and Johnsons over for some dinner so Amy & Karis could meet the twins, but come to find out Allen had planned an evening out for the girls for my birthday. It was great. Grodacks came over too. So the guys grilled hotdogs and had popcorn and watermelon for the kids and watched some movies while Amy, Kelli, Corey and I went to Bravo Italian down on Restaurant Row. It was fantastic! Forgot how nice it is to get out with the girls and forgot how we could talk for hours....stayed out as long as I could before having to pump for the little ones. We all decided we have to make this a regular event - maybe trade off monthly with the guys to be nice. I think the kids had fun too. We'll have to watch out for Zachary and Braelyn. I think they liked playing footsies a little too much.

Sunday the new Isidro clan + Lala in tow ventured to Mimi's for brunch for my birthday. It is definitely a requirement to have one adult per child when going out. They all needed attention at some point. Luckily they spread it out so not all needed it at the same time but a couple potty breaks for Braelyn and then feeding and changing the crying babes, makes the meal not quite as relaxing as eating out used to be.



Sunday evening we went to Adam and Annette's going away party. They are moving to Tennessee to teach at Southern University. Braelyn had fun with the balloons. I personally enjoyed the chocolate fountain!



Monday through Wednesday was a blur. It went so fast. Feeding, changing, and trying to get them to sleep consumes the day. Can't even check email on my computer for more than 5 minutes. Luckily I can multi task a little with the Blackberry. They did let me have a break for a bubble bath, but when Braelyn found out - she of course wanted to join...which required extra bubbles! We did get a nice package in the mail with cousin Callen's 0-6 mo clothes! That was exciting to go through and Kohlden is already sporting some of the wear!


Thursday we had a "play date" with Isabella Clark - she's 2 weeks old and still very preemie. It was great catching up with Marlissa and seeing how she is adjusting to motherhood and their new house just a couple miles up the road. I thought my babies were still small until they were right next to the 5lbs-10oz little one. Just think Kohlden...you were down to that weight your first week. Amazing how they can grow so much in less than 2 months.



Thursday evening we went out for sushi for Adam's birthday. We left Madelyn at home with Lala and took Kohlden and Braelyn. Kohlden has earned the right to go out to eat for if he's being held, he's pretty content. Madelyn on the other hand is not quite as predictable. Braelyn enjoyed sitting right next to Adam and bugging him almost all dinner. We'll all miss them a lot.



One more week down and one more week closer to when I have to go back to work. Time is flying. Next Thursday I'm planning on going to an continuing education seminar all day and Allen has the twins to himself. Anyone want to keep him company for part of the day so he doesn't lose his sanity?

Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

  1. If I didn't have all my family in town, the girls and I would go over to keep him company!

    That is the cutest picture of Braelyn and Zachary.

    ReplyDelete