6 Years, 46 Weeks.
This past weekend I participated in the Tour de Cure in Lake Nona, a charity bike ride benefiting the American Diabetes Association.
I had signed up to do the 50 mile ride, but I was also "working" with Mike and Jared, as they needed footage from within the pelaton, having a rider's point of view, so they strapped a couple of cameras onto my bike and helmet, and positioned me along the route, from the start to the finish line to everywhere in between. So I never did get to do the entire 50 miles, maybe 5 or so, but it was a lot of fun.
It was a neat experience riding with over 1500 cyclists, and I look forward to doing it again next year!
 |
| With 14 year old Luke Rosser, who has Type 1 diabetes and was last years US Jr. Triathlete National Champion! |
 |
| The National Anthem before I lead the group out for the second start. |
Here was our week:
 |
| Kohl helping his sister make her slime. |
 |
| It turned out a bit messier than planned! |
 |
| A whole new experience doing hydrotherapy! |
 |
| Some free range fresh eggs from the twins' teacher's farm. |
 |
| We made some hard boiled eggs for a snack. |
 |
| They were delicious! |
 |
| Lunch after church service. |
 |
| The last weekend in March and still celebrating Brae, she chose to go to Kobe's. |
 |
With the Clarke's and Uncle Mike before heading out to Lake Nona. We spent the night there for the early ride the next morning. |
 |
| The view from our hotel room. |
 |
| The crew after supper. |
 |
| Early next morning, Mike and Jared fitting my bike with cameras. |
 |
| I met Duncan at the start line. |
 |
| Mike and Jared checking out the footage I captured from the first start. |
 |
| En route to a break area, Mike films more riders. |
 |
| J Michael Media with Nicole, one of the directors of the ADA. |
 |
| The family came out to support us! |
 |
| Helping Mr. Jones in the school garden. |
 |
| They got to pick and keep some carrots! |
 |
| Choosing healthier options for snacks at school. |
 |
| Getting a little snuggle time with Buddy... |
 |
| and Maddy! |
 |
| Enjoying her mid-week treat! |
Have a great weekend!!
 |
| The band practicing their music! |
When can I hear the family band again?????
ReplyDeleteFree Range Eggs? were they really good? Looks like a band that will soon be known world wide!!
ReplyDeletePapa