Picture

Picture

Thursday, September 3, 2015

To Beard, Or Not To Beard.

5 Years, 17 Weeks.


That is the question.

I've been sporting a new look for the past couple of weeks.  It's been growing on me [literally] but the rest of the family is not so sure.  No, I don't think they like it at all.  They say it scratches and tickles.  The Mrs. refuses to give me kisses.

I, on the other hand, think it gives me a distinguished look…

Maybe it's the bow tie.

Okay, I admit it does look a bit scruffy.

Well, I may have to shave it off soon.  Who knows, it may be gone by the time you read this!

Here was our week:


Friday Braelyn had crazy sock day!

Madelyn was student helper on Friday and she brought her "Me" box to share with classmates.

Looking at paint samples at Home Depot for a house project we're working on.

Got bit by 4 fire ants.  Not a happy camper.

Helping with the dishes!

Mommy cutting up a honey dew melon for the kids'  breakfast.

The twins up front for story time at 3rd service.

With our eldest.

After church, with the Lamb.

Getting his vegetables at Sweet Tomatoes.

She loves her Mac 'n Cheese!

Hung out with the Jamersons Saturday evening. 

Maddy and Adalyn enjoyed hanging out at the pool together.

All the kids watched a movie after supper.

Upon arrival home.

Tea party on the patio Sunday morning.

Monday was crazy hair day!

Mommy did a great job making her hair crazy!!

Helping to cook supper!

Wednesday was pajama day for the Third Graders!

Saying goodbye to Tux.

Blue tongue.

A happy Tux gets picked up from doggy daycare Wednesday evening.

Peace and sushi.


Food:  On Plan Week 4.


Shirataki Pad Thai with Tofu.

Salmon and Asparagus Rolls with Cauliflower "rice".

Shirataki Spaghetti with Chicken meatballs.

Randoms:


We were anticipating our first major storm in 3 years.  Unfortunately she fizzled out over
Hispaniola and only became a tropical wave.

But she brought lots of rain.

And some pretty intense thunderstorms for all of Florida Saturday night!




Getting out the Broncos Bin to get things ready to wear!

Tux at training class, meeting a new friend Max.

I would hate to see what their non Exclusive collection looks like!

4 miles from our house, news vans and lots of activity on Thursday looking for

an escaped 8 foot long cobra!!  Yikes!!


Quote:

  • In line picking the kids up from school, the twins having already climbed inside the minivan:
          Maddy:  "Daddy, when can I sign up for piano class?"
          Me:  "Well let's go ask Mommy."
          Kohlden:  "And I want to take Ninja class!"

  • Getting the kids ready and out the door for school one morning:
          Me:  "Braelyn, is your Compass Rose due today?"
          Brae:  "No."
          Me:  "Well, when is it due?"
          Brae:  "I already due'd it!"

          Okay dude!

  • From upstairs I heard Kohlden exclaim from the bathroom:  "Hey!  It looks like a whale!  My poop looks like a whale!"
          C'mon man.  Seriously.


One weekend away!!  Football Season is coming!!

2 comments:

  1. Questions: Did you stop and look for the snake? Do the have a lot of Bronco stuff in Florida? Is the Exclusive property one you want? Did Brae start a new trend at school with that special hair-do? Will they let you keep just the mustache so you can look like Papa? Just Asking!!! paPa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mommy really did a great job on weird hair day. I'm impressed with how messy it looked. Did it stay up like that all day?

    ReplyDelete