3 Years, 20 Weeks.
The 2013 NFL season has officially begun, with our team hosting the reigning Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens at home.
This was a very important game for us, as we were still bitter about last year's nail biting, double overtime playoff loss. The team had all of the off season to think about and prepare for payback on Thursday night.
The end result? Manning threw a record-tying 7 touchdowns for 462 yards in a crushing 49-27 win to start the season!
I am so
emotional excited and can't wait to see what happens next!
Go Broncos!!
 |
| What a game! And with 13 more minutes still left to play! |
What a crazy, busy week!
- This Labor Day weekend we were invited to join and stay with the Bergherms over at Wyndham's Bonnet Creek Resort in the Disney area. We had gone there last year, but just for the day, to enjoy the pools and company. This time we were invited to spend the night, and it was great to hang out and catch up, even after having to wait close to 3 hours just for dinner at T-Rex! That's Disney for ya!
- Sunday evening we headed over to the Grodack's for our traditional "Thai meal after a kid is born", our last being when Brady was born 2 years ago. We aren't sure if this will be the last one we'll do, at least for another 2 years. ;)
- Monday was the holiday so Tangie was off work. We decided to work on separate projects, mine being the lawn/fire pit and hers being the living room. Later after naps we headed to Target to find a bookshelf for the twins' room.
 |
| We've got watermelon! |
 |
| Dill, cherry tomatoes, and a couple eggplants. |
Napping Positions:
 |
| Starting to sneak over during nap time too. |
Food:
Randoms:
Quotes:
- We were passing by an automotive shop, and Madelyn noticed a car being worked on, suspended high on the hydraulic lift, and stated, "That car is sick."
- Maddy had just finished going to the bathroom, dropping a huge deuce. Of course, she was excited to share the news to her siblings:
Maddy: "I went poo-poo! I went BIG poo-poo!"
Kohl: "How big?"
Maddy: [arms open apart about 2 feet] "This big!"
Such an exaggerator that girl!
- We were talking about library books, and how Braelyn enjoyed reading books from the library. I agreed and told her that I too enjoyed reading books from the library when I was growing up:
Braelyn: "But they didn't have libraries when you were growing up."
Me: "What do you mean?"
Brae: "They had libraries?"
Me: "Yes, they did."
Brae: "Did they have electricity?"
How old do you think I am??
- I had just taken Maddy out of the shower, with her towel hooded over her head and behind her back, and she looked up and said, "I'm just like Reed Punza."
Yes, just like Rapunzel!
- I was putting lotion on Kohlden after his shower and he was wiggling around a lot:
Me: "Attention, soldier!"
Kohl: "I not a shoulder!"
Me: "You're not? What are you?"
Kohl: [sheepishly] "...Kohldie."
- Tangie was taking Brae to school and listening to songs on the radio:
Brae: "Taylor Swift is really skinny, right?"
Tangie: "Yes, she needs to eat more."
Brae: "No, she just hasn't had any babies. She's not an adult."
Tangie: "Oh really?"
Brae: "Yes. She has a song called '22' but she's really 23. Daddy looked it up
on Siri, and her birthday is in December. Siri knows everything."
Yes, yes she does.
 |
| Ta da! |
Have a great weekend!
Beautiful pictures and funny stories and conversations! Your fire pit is awesome! Do you think you can teach dad to make one?! Love your blog!
ReplyDeleteLala