Picture

Picture

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Father's Day Weekend

2 Years, 9 Weeks.



"Any man can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a dad"

                                                                                --Anne Geddes



I am undoubtedly blessed to share my life with an amazing woman and partner, and three of the most adoring, scrumptious little presents from God.

I am undeserving of this privilege; I am sometimes mystified at how I was chosen for this.

And yet, I am so humbled and grateful for the opportunity.  

With that, here was my whirlwind Father's Day weekend:


VBS program at the Markham Woods Church.



Braelyn enjoyed singing up front, even with a huge bird behind her!

Brae and Kohl enjoying the reception afterwards.

With the youngest.

Waiting for the arrival of the Peabody ducks.


Their "home" during the day.

Kohl exploring the play park.

Maddy sits on the spinning bucket chair.

All three hanging on the spinning stick.

Maddy doing her hanging thing.

The boys enjoy the shade.

At the new Turtle Trek exhibit.

At first we thought those were rocks but they ended up being very large turtles.

Seeing the last Shamu show of the day.

Pancake breakfast courtesy of Mommy while...

I was treated to a round of golf in Tarpon Springs by Bruce's parents,  the Bergherms.




Enjoying the neighborhood park in the afternoon.

Using Daddy as a horse!

Twins sharing my lap.

Lunchtime visit to Chuck E Cheese's place.

Riding together, sharing the steering the wheel.   Kohl looks perplexed!

About to conduct a science experiment with water and some food coloring.





This week at Costco!


Meals of the week:


Filet of raw salmon with assortment of flowers and herbs.

Steak 'n Eggs.  A classic.

Garden Vegetables on a bed of Orzo.



Have a great weekend!




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful comments on your daddyhood! (if there was such a word). I am so proud of you, Allen, and how you are caring for your family. I think that Tangie and the children will agree w/ me when I say that You are a very wonderful Husband and Father as well as a very good Son! (no bias here!) So that's my tribute to you for Father's Day! Enjoyed all the pictures and meals altho' the portion for the salmon is a little bit on the skinny side! Dad would finish 4 of those! Love you guys! We'll see you via Skype tomorrow. Lala

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I forgot to ask you, did you cook the raw salmon w/ assortment of flowers and herbs after the picture was taken? or did you eat it raw? Just wanted to know! Lala

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of the twins sharing your lap. It reminds me of an earlier picture of you feeding them bottles at the same time as babies. I was so impressed! They have grown so much since then. Time is flying by!

    ReplyDelete