1 Year, 43 Weeks.
It was a very long week. Good, but crazy. So here are the highlights:
- Friday: Met up with Jennifer Bergherm and her 4 charges at the Oriental Market, where I gave them a tour. Later that evening I met up for dinner with some of the ConnectFaith team at an Ethiopian restaurant, where I got to eat with my hands! Great food, I'll have to bring Tangie there.
- Sabbath: Helped teach w/ Corey at Sabbath school, then afterwards joined the Ottati's for a picnic for Catherine's birthday. Later that evening we had some friends over for a gourmet Asian supper.
- Sunday: Mowed the lawn in the morning while Tangie took the kids out for haircuts. We got a babysitter for the children later that evening while we attended a parents/couples dinner sponsored by the church, and then topped the night with a movie with the Bergherms.
- Monday: Had the opportunity for a Dad's Night Out to see a Magic basketball game at the Amway Center with Richard Ottati. Unbeknownst to us and pretty neat, the children's choir from Forest Lake Education Center sang the national anthem!
- Wednesday morning: Tangie flew out to Charlotte, NC and Atlanta, GA for the remainder of the week, leaving me flying solo for 3 days with the kiddos. We spent the morning with Jared and Isabella Clarke.
 |
| Trying to get the teams organized. |
 |
| Well...at least half. |
 |
| We raided the nearby Asian bakery. |
 |
| About to partake in some great food! |
 |
| The community plate. Who knew Ethiopian food was so intriguing? |
 |
| Brae assists in the food prep for the next evening's dinner. |
 |
| It may look sunny but it was a very windy, chilly day for a picnic. |
 |
| The birthday girl blows her candles. |
 |
| All the children playing. |
 |
| Madelyn enjoyed the adjacent playground. |
 |
| Duncan helps set the table. |
 |
| About to dig in! |
 |
| While the parents ate, this is what the children were up to! |
 |
| Our table at the church function. |
 |
| Our friends at the adjacent table. I call them "The Inner Circle" as you can never separate these 4 couples! |
 |
| As long as he's comfortable... |
 |
| The game about to begin. |
 |
| Swinging around at the park. |
 |
| Working their arm muscles. |
 |
| The sideways glance. |
 |
| Catching Kohl on the slide. |
 |
| It's sweet when they're holding hands AND NOT FIGHTING! |
 |
| They wanted to join big sister at the big table. |
 |
| Weekly squeeze at you know where. |
 |
| "Um...I don't know who ate the Cheetos, Daddy." |
 |
| Enjoying the playground at the clubhouse. |
 |
| Big sister gives a boost. |
 |
| Kohl had a hard time getting back into the wagon. |
 |
| Watching a rabbit scamper about. |
Food:
 |
| Fried tofu with lotus root and cilantro relish. |
 |
| Vietnamese Pho with beef. |
Randoms:
 |
| Nothing says "I love you" more than a heart shaped ribeye steak! Happy Valentine's Day! |
Random photo of the week: Well, that was a bust. So much for that idea.
Quotable quotes:
- We were driving home and I was reminding Braelyn that we needed to get Mommy a card for Valentine's Day:
Brae: "Daddy, you got a card."
Me: "I did? From whom?"
Brae: "From Mommy. And me, Maddy, and Kohl."
Me: "Oh really..."
Brae: [grinning, with a sparkle in her eyes] "It's a surprise. Don't say anything!"
Note to self: Brae can't keep surprises to herself!
- I was teaching the twins the names of the country's current leaders:
Me: "Maddy, who's the President?"
Madelyn: "Obama."
Me: "Kohl, who's the President?"
Kohlden: "Oh Momma!"
He's learning fast. It's true ~ at home, Mommy IS the President!
Have a great weekend!
Looks like you forgot to mention that the kids got haircuts or did I miss that?
ReplyDeleteLove the "Oh Momma" is president. So true although I guess the VP has had to step in the last few days.
Only a few more hours left to practice for your show tomorrow morning at 11:15. Good luck!
Okay, I'm such a moron. Today is Thursday, not Friday. So you have a DAY plus a few hours to practice. Man, I must be losing it.
ReplyDeleteWhile we dearly love our close group of friends, we are all capable of being separated, it is not a package deal! Just in case in the future you worry about just having a portion of the group, it is okay, we won't implode :). Love the pictures of the asian market, the boys were amazed!
ReplyDeleteLoved Kohl's president! That was funny! So "Oh Momma" is the President and Daddy is the Prime Minister? The haircut is cute! Can't wait to see you guys!
ReplyDelete