Picture

Picture

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

1 Year, Week 4

This was Mother's Day weekend, and I was glad to be able to take an extra few days off from work to spend some time with the family.  That and the fact that I have to burn off any remaining PTO before the end of June, otherwise I'll lose it!  Well, no complaints here!

Sabbath we took a roadtrip down to Avon Park for the day.  Lolo and Lala hadn't come up in 3 weeks, and although we had originally planned on them coming up for Mother's Day, the plans were switched as they ended up planning a get together with my grandmothers, especially since Grandma & Grandpa Fernandez are heading back to the Philippines for a month in a couple of weeks.  Hence the roadtrip down.

Before heading on the road I filled the minivan up with gasp.  I mean, literally, I gasped!  $70 to fill up?!?!  What the farce?  As I climbed back in the driver's seat, I commented to Tangie that this would be one of the most expensive naps we would have that day!

Lolo and Lala and Auntie Esther were thrilled to have us and see the children.  Mom made spaghetti for lunch and they spent time with the kids while Tangie and I took a much needed nap from the week.  Afterwards we went and visited both sets of grandparents, before heading out for dinner.  We took them out to Outback Steakhouse for Mother's Day.



Maddy not quite sure who her great-grandmother is and is holding on to Lala!

They enjoyed seeing the twins walking.






We visited a park before dinner where the twins played on the swingset and Braelyn discovered some dinosaur fossils.


We left Avon Park after a visit with my Aunt and Uncle around 10:30 and made it home just a little after midnight.  The children had all fallen asleep on the ride home, with the occasional murmer and cry, luckily Mommy was there to soothe them as I maintained a legal speed driving home.

Immediately after putting all the kids down, Tangie and I set to work in prepping for the next day.  We had planned on spending Mother's Day at the Magic Kingdom to use up our passes, and so it was in the prep work the night before that would make our departure the following morning expedited.  We're constantly trying to figure out what will work best for us!  Everything from diapers to extra changes of clothes, drinks, snacks, bottles, formula, bibs, sunscreen, food, and snacks, just to name a few.  Yes, I did mention snacks twice, because you can't have too much of it and it provides a great distraction when you're waiting 30 minutes in line for a ride.  Plus they're really yummy.

Mommy with the kiddos at Disney riding "people mover" in Tomorrowland, celebrating her 5th Mother's Day.



Braelyn decided the lines for the rides were too long a wait so she took the car out for a spin!

Daddy and the girls go spinning.

I told her that she'd have to wait for her own cell phone when she grew up....

Lunch at Pinnochio's Village Tavern.  Decent food and surprisingly, decently priced!

The twins enjoyed playing on the bongo vegetable drums at the Winnie the Pooh ride.

Brae and Mommy took the train ride around the park while the twins took their naps.


The prettiest little pirate!  Brae fashions some gear after the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

Parting shot.  Mommy with the children on a "magical" day at Disney.
So it was a fun day, but very hot and we took advantage of some fast passes to help us get through the lines of some rides throughout the day.  We left Disney around 7:30 that evening and the kids were in bed soon afterwards.

Work makes the week a blur as it is already Thursday!  Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment