Picture

Picture

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Family time!

Week 33.5

No weights this week! Ahh!! Forgot to weigh them before their baths, but they feel heavier everyday!

Development Highlight: Maddy can now officially go from flat on her back, rolls on her tummy, props herself up with arms, up to a sitting position, all by herself!!



So, what the heck happened to the week?!? The last time I re-call, Tangie was writing the blog. Now it's my turn. That means a whole week has flown by already!

Before I go on to this week's highlights, I wanted to show a picture of me and my goatee I had grown since we had all gotten sick with the stomach bug 4 weeks ago. I had gotten a little lazy about shaving but used it as a motivational ploy for my team at work: I was going to grow the beard until after the holiday season was over, or we hit our goal of $6 million this year, which ever comes first. Well, we had formal pictures taken of the whole family for our annual Christmas cards and unfortunately my boss (Tangie) told me the beard had to go. That and Braelyn kept saying it was prickly "like a porcupine!" everytime I would give her a kiss. Well, so much for that!

Saturday evening we joined the Grodacks and their extended family to see the lighting of the Christmas tree and fireworks at Crane's Roost in Altamonte Springs. It was a little chilly, but the real cold front wasn't due to come in until the following day. Nevertheless, we donned our long sleeve shirts and jackets, grabbed some extra blankets for the little ones and wandered through the throng of people enjoying the holiday festivities.

Braelyn and Calleigh as usual got very silly when they hung out together.







This picture cracks me up. Duncan and I are always taking pictures together with our children but it always looks like we're a culturally diverse gay couple...

It's nice to belong to a big family! Here we pose with the Grodacks, Duncan's mother and stepfather, Ron and Elaine, and Corey's cousin David and his wife Yully (joo-lee), and all 5 kids not counting the tiny bun in Corey's tummy. Yup, the Grodacks are expecting their third, how very exciting! We are hoping for a boy for Kohlden to hang out with and have a buddy of his own.


Brae topped off the evening with freshly popped popcorn and cookies Mommy and I baked that afternoon.



On Sunday I had the day off, as we were treated to a free day at Sea World for being in the Leadership Club with United Way. The day started very dark, dreary, sprinkling, and overcast, and we were a little worried that it wasn't going to be a good day to spend outside. But we took a look at the forecast and it said it was going to clear up and be a beautiful afternoon, so we packed up and made our way to I-Drive and the park. It was definately an adventure lugging the big stroller and having all 3 kids with just us two adults. But the kids did great, and the twins enjoyed seeing all the hustle and bustle of the tourists throughout the park.




Braelyn has definately grown! We know this because she is now able to ride the Shamu roller coaster in the kiddie section, albeit with adult supervision, but still able to ride! It was actually pretty fast and bumpy, surprisingly, with a few sharp hairpin turns, but she loved it. She rode on it twice, once with me and once with Mommy, so we could take turns staying with the twins. Here is me being cheap and taking a picture of the picture taken of Brae and me during the coaster ride. There was no way I was going to pay $15 for it, so I unashamedly whipped out the camera and took this picture:


Here's a couple shots of the children waiting patiently for Mommy while she shopped. We're looking for a "Marge" for Kohlden and Madelyn, something they can call their own, like Braelyn has. No such luck at Sea World.





Brae and Mommy did have fun riding all the rides. I can't wait 'til all 3 can join in the fun together.















She topped off the afternoon with some pink cotton candy, which gets quite sticky when a 3 year old eats it, as shown by this picture.


We got home around 7, exhausted, but still had to get everything ready for school and work the following day. It never seems to end. But what a great weekend and some quality family time together. Tangie and I are so looking forward to many more of these.

After a busy weekend Maddy decided to come down with pink eye and on Monday she started on some antiobotic eye drops. Cross our fingers no one else gets it!
Work is getting busy. Big crowds, lots of money spent. I'm so looking forward to the bonus after this quarter is over! Kah-ching!!!
A little more than 2 weeks until Christmas. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment