Kohlden 8 lbs 9 oz.
Madelyn 8 lbs 7 oz.
Status: Lots of crying, but a few random smiles (probably because they were about to go to the bathroom) Cries are still indistinguishable between the two. Kohlden is starting to follow movement. Maddy stays fixated on inanimate objects.
I think this is how I'm going to start each post, by stating the week, weight, and status of the twins. That way we can see the progression as well as using this as a reference when we forget.
We are officially "on our own" for the time being. Nana Campbell left for Denver on Wednesday and even though Lolo and Lola will be here for the weekend, Tangie and I have had the past 36 hours trying to make adjustments towards normalcy, if that's what we can even call it. I was able to work Sunday through Tuesday so I could be off the rest of the week, but even staying at home is a lot of work! I think we were able to go out once a day, not counting the times I drop off and pick up Braelyn from school. I'm working 3 days a week for the next month, until the cavalry arrives again in July. That way I can still support Tangie at home and keep my sanity. I honestly don't know how Tangie does it ~ my wife is amazing, I tell you.
Last Saturday evening my parents treated us to dinner at Macaroni Grill. We anticipated a very peaceful and enjoyable evening out, but the twins had other plans! As soon as the menus were passed around the table, Maddy started fussing. And if that wasn't enough, Kohlden took cue and joined in. Luckily, the loud atmosphere drowned out most of the crying, but it made for eating dinner quite rushed. We all ate in shifts, trying our hands at soothing the babies, as well as comforting a tired big sister. We received many sympathetic looks from the other patrons and appreciated them not getting too upset! Great food, just wish I could've tasted it. The twins had a nice outing to my work on Tuesday. Every other month or so, Banana Republic holds a client event at the stores. We are given a budget and create a party atmosphere for our customers, complete with food (this one catered by McCormick & Schmick) and entertainment (polynesian hula dancers) that, unfortunately, scared the living daylights out of Braelyn. Must've been the brightly colored grass skirts. In anycase, the customers usually seem delighted with a different shopping experience, and I, of course, was happily surprised when the gang showed up and I was able to show off my family to my team and clients.

Tangie noticed this week that she receives a lot of stares from people when she goes out with our double stroller in public. Her observations on this are:
(A) When the babies are calm and asleep, people smile and dote along, thinking how cool and great it is to have twins...until
(B) when one starts crying and the other joins in like a nest of robins the people start feeling anxious and sorry for her, relieved it isn't their situation. Funny.
The highlight of the week, aside from getting new tires on the Pathfinder (I had gone over 100,000 miles before changing them, can you believe it?) was meeting our friends Duncan and Corey Grodack and their girls for an impromptu dinner at Sweet Tomatoes. It was great to catch up with the world travelers (seriously, I think they spent more time in the air flying around than on the ground this past month) and share in the JOYS of rearing multiple children. We were grateful for the extra set of hands (thanks Duncan for holding Maddy while I finished my meal) and enjoyed watching Braelyn and Calleigh act silly, although obnoxiously loud inside the restaurant, but hey, that's what you get when you put 2 three year olds together just before bedtime. Ahh, we are still learning!
The lowlight this week was that the Orlando Magic lost both home games to start the Eastern Conference Finals down 0-2 to the Boston Celtics. And although I'm still hopeful and optimistic, the realist in me says, yep, it's pretty much over. Dangit you guys! :-(
The lowlight this week was that the Orlando Magic lost both home games to start the Eastern Conference Finals down 0-2 to the Boston Celtics. And although I'm still hopeful and optimistic, the realist in me says, yep, it's pretty much over. Dangit you guys! :-(Another week down, 47 to go! Happy weekend everyone!
Love reading your blog! And yes, we are now connected. It's so funny how you say "47 to go." As if there is some ending point to this ride we call parenthood.
ReplyDeleteReally enjoyed catching up with the twins and the whole family. Nice job on the blog. Hope we get to see you soon.
ReplyDeleteElaine